The Active Nonviolence Education Center (ANEC) is a Non- Governmental organization legally registered under Rule XXV of 2006 (Amended by Himachal Pradesh Act 1860); with the noble objectives of disseminating, promoting and consolidating the priceless message of Love, Compassion, Peace and Nonviolence. ANEC has so far facilitated numerous workshops / training sessions / open forum discussion to large number of participants both Tibetan and non – Tibetan and is continuously doing the same.
ANEC’s Basic Aims and Objectives:-
- To educate the Tibetan community on the importance of active participation in democracy through voting, and stressing the importance of democracy for nonviolent society.
- To help the general public understand the practical message of nonviolence as taught by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
- To demonstrate how the cultivation of moral values and strength of character taught in Buddhism are essential qualities for personal development and for successful nonviolent campaigns. These qualities include compassion, passions, human understanding, discipline and determination.
- To emphasize the importance of active nonviolent resistance as the best and most effective form of action for the Tibetan National cause. In addition to promote the use of nonviolence as resolution in every instance of human disagreement, on the individual, community, or national level.
- To serve as a platform for Tibetans to express their opinions, ideas and suggestions regarding the course of our national struggle.
- To encourage hope within the Tibetan community and encourage all Tibet supporters to strengthen their commitment to active nonviolent resistance.
- Becoming a ANEC member you are supporting promotion of PEACE and NONVIOLENCE
1. Identity card will be issued.
2. Newsletters and other publications will be dispatched to benefit and support nonviolent programs
3. Being a member of legally registered organization itself is a benefit.
4. Outstanding members will be awarded and featured on our website based on their longevity, contribution and nonviolent activism.
5. Members will be invited to events organized by the Center.
The proceedings from membership fees will go for the promotion of peace and nonviolence related activities.
* LIFE MEMBERSHIP FEES
– Within India/Nepal : IC Rs 3,000/- (only once)
– Outside India/Nepal : Us $100/- (only once)
* ORDINARY MEMBERSHIP FEES
– Within India/Nepal : Rs 300/- (per annum)
– Outside India/Nepal : US $10/- (Per annum)
“BEING MEMBER OF ACTIVE NONVIOLENCE EDUCATION CENTER (ANEC), I PLEDGE” :(Optional)
Being a member of Active Nonviolence Education Center (ANEC), I Pledge to reconstruct my inner thoughts and outer behavior ethically and virtuously on daily basis. In order to encourage and inspire my fellow members, I also pledge to submit special acts of compassion or nonviolence to ANEC. With your consent we would like to share these acts of compassion or nonviolence in our official Website and Facebook.