OUR BASIC AIM
- To educate the Tibetan community on the importance of active participation in democracy through voting and demanding nonviolent election proceedings.
- To help the general public understand more fully the practical message of nonviolence as taught by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
- To show how the cultivation of moral values and strength of character as taught in Buddhism are essential qualities for personal development and for successful nonviolent campaign. Among these qualities are compassion, patience, human understanding, discipline and determination.
- To emphasize the importance of active nonviolent resistance as an appropriate form of action for the Tibetan national cause, as well as every human disagreement, whether between individuals, groups or nations.
- To serve as a platform for Tibetans to express their opinions, ideas and suggestions regarding the course of our national struggle.
To encourage realistic hope within the Tibetan community and all Tibet supporters to accomplish their goals by strengthening the commitment to active nonviolent resistance.